Monday, March 10, 2008

Speaking

A friend of mine, Judy Jones, asked me to speak at her ladies meeting. She is the pastor's wife of Lighthouse Baptist Church in Ashtabula. I was so surprised. The meeting will be at the end of this month and is the theme of the "Women of Excellence". I have been asked to address singles and those who work with singles. Most likely I will speak to the entire group which can be up to 200 ladies. I am excied and scared all at the same time. My sister and adopted sissy, Michelle, will be going with me for moral support. The Lord gave me something to speak on so I am relieved about that. Now I just have to fill in the extras. I will speak for about 45 min. The idea is "Singleness in Christ means we're not alone". One of the things I struggle with as a single is being lonely and worried about caring for myself. I need to remember that because I am in Christ, I have someone who is ALWAYS there and ALWAYS loves me. I believe that some of what I say may be a blessing to the other ladies as well. For the past few years I have taught the 7th and 8th grade girls lessons at camp. This is the first time I have spoken to adults. About 2-3 months before I teach at camp, Satan starts to work to discourage me. He doesn't want me to be effective. The same is happening now. I am feeling lonely and insecure. Part of the problem is that I have gotten away from my Bible reading for little bit. That is the worst thing I can do. I have asked for God's forgiveness and will work to get back. One of my points is "Every day with God." We need to be spending time is God's word and praying daily to help battle the loneliness and I know that God wants me to speak and I know that Satan doesn't. I don't want to give Satan the victory. Pray that I will have the courage and wisdom to do this. I want it to be God's words for the ladies, not mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.