Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Big Day


My dad took this picture of my sister and me singing at his church last night. Oh man was I nervous. My voice was shaking. Tried to calm it down a couple of times. I had been really practicing but dont think I did very well. My tape player had just the notes recorded so I practiced those. Got them down really good. But....... when I went to my sister's last night and we practiced the accompaniment was a little higher and I had trouble finding my starting note. My dad recorded it and has a dvd copy to give me, Shari and my mom. That was one of the hardest things I have done for a while. I can speak infront of people but singing is much harder for me. Being in a group like choir is fine but a duet or solo is very hard for me. But I did it for my Lord, the church and my daddy. He was so proud. I know the Lord used it even if it wasn't professional. I did love singing with my sister though. She has such a beautiful voice. I was a bit intimidated. Maybe if we do it again, I will sing the melody rather than the harmony. Maybe that will be easier for me. Thank you to all who helped me get ready for the Big Day!

3 comments:

Shari said...

you're such a sweetie, thank you, hon.

i'm glad we go tot do it.

Shari said...

oops,
i meant to say..."to do it."

Dorothy Aichele Conway said...

Maybe next year you can make it a trio with Gabey singing along. Won't that be great!